9 Reasons Why Cloud is Best for Biotechs. Being ‘in the cloud’ isn’t a new concept. In fact, cloud computing was reportedly invented back in the 1960s by Joseph Carl Robnett with his mission to connect people and data from anywhere at any time. It’s fair to say, his idea took off.
There are millions of articles that refer to various people and events that claim to be the first to coin the phrases ‘cloud computing’ and ‘cloud storage’. Regardless of who said what and when, cloud is here and it’s here to stay.
A recent study titled ‘Adoption of Cloud ERP, 2013 Through 2023’, revealed that 47% of organisations surveyed intend to move their ERP solution to a cloud-based solution.
The benefits of cloud in the biotech industry are;
- Cloud is often far cheaper to implement than traditional software.
- It’s quicker, too. You can be up and running in days. No downloads or installations required, and no infrastructure needs to be built.
- Cloud assists with turning labour-intensive, usually paper-based procedures into controlled, secure, and efficient processes, allowing scientists to spend more time at the bench.
- Cloud is always up to date. It can adapt and evolve much quicker than a standalone software solution.
- Anywhere, anytime. This is the biggest advantage of Cloud. No matter where you are or what device you’re on, you can securely access the information you need with little more than a smart phone or laptop and an internet connection.
- By hosting everything online, you and your teams around the world can contribute to projects in real-time. This helps to increase efficiency and reduces errors.
- Cloud provides you with real-time data allowing for accurate and intuitive forecasting.
- Effort involved in validation can be significantly reduced with cloud solutions.
- Cloud providers are experts in IT security, backup and recovery, giving you peace of mind and allowing your team to focus on your business.
Cloud computing will provide biotechs with greater cost savings, increased agility and a solution which is scalable with your business and the rapid changes to technology.