Our office is based in Hillington, Glasgow. We have recently introduced hybrid working where we ask our people to be in the office 40% of the time however, it would be beneficial for you to be office-based during your initial training and induction period.
Up to £35,000 depending on experience
About the role
- You will be supporting our customers in the UK and USA with the procurement of lab equipment – this can range from small benchtop devices to large bespoke items and full lab fit-outs
- You will ask the right questions to understand the customer’s requirements and product specifications to enable you to negotiate with suppliers to secure the best value in terms of price and ongoing maintenance contracts
- You will take an interest in the supply chain and its challenges, and current market conditions to enable you to set expectations with the customer and support your conversation with suppliers
- Once the customer has placed their order, you will monitor and manage that order to ensure it is delivered to the customer on time
- You will continually build your knowledge allowing you to provide real expertise and guide customers’ buying decisions
The following skills and attributes are shared by the team:
- An outgoing and tenacious personality
- Strong sense of determination
- Enjoys a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- You will have a natural flair for communicating confidently, effectively and persuasively in order to influence a range of audiences
- You will have an inquisitive mindset
- You will enjoy analysing the finer details to support decisions and conversations
- You should be willing to work flexible hours when required to support our customers in the USA
It would be advantageous if you had commercial awareness, an analytical mindset and an understanding of the life science/biotech industry. However, we place a higher emphasis on finding the best fit for our team and our customers.
About the team
Our Equipment Buyers are part of Amici’s Asset team. We are a small – but mighty – close-knit, fun and friendly team of seven who work hard to build strong relationships with our customers and provide the best service. Emma manages the team, and you will report into Jennifer, and work alongside one other Buyer, Emily.
At Amici, we know that our business is only as good as our people. That is why we pride ourselves on hiring and retaining the best talent. We offer a fun, dynamic, and vibrant environment where people are supported to do their best work, and everyone has the opportunity to make a difference. As a company, we never stop investing in our culture as we appreciate empowering, motivating and developing our people offers a challenging, fun and rewarding experience. Find out more about our people, Our Culture, Values and Purpose and our rewards and benefits.
Our work at Amici is so rewarding. We provide a purchasing and supply chain management service, allowing biotech organisations to focus on discovering life-changing innovations. We save our customers time and money while our software gives them the traceability and control that they need.
What happens next?
- Once we have received your application and reviewed it, we will let you know whether we are taking your application to the next level or not
- An initial interview will be arranged over the telephone to discuss the role together and allow us to get to know each other a little better
- If the first interview is successful, a second interview will be offered either at our office or via video call
- An offer will be made to the candidate who we think best matches the role
- We can’t wait to welcome you to the team!