Glasgow, G52 (hybrid working)
Hybrid working, pension, profit share, healthcare cash plan, holiday buy scheme, length of service awards, employee assistance programme, great culture and much more!
About the role.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Data Engineer to lead our Master Data Team and to select and implement the tooling required to modernise our data engineering processes. Our Master Data is key in supporting our clients, enabling them to find and compare products on our MyAmici platform in order to make the right buying decisions. This role offers an excellent opportunity to use your expertise to help deliver an outstanding customer experience to our rapidly growing global client base in the Life Science sector.
We realise the value of data as a business asset, and we are placing significant focus on the quality of our data as part of a strategic data programme. To this end we are expanding our in-house data team. Working for the CTO, and as part of our Corporate Development Leadership Team, the new Data Engineer will play a critical role in leading the Master Data Management programme to improve the quality of Master Data hosted on our platform, and the efficiency and automation of our processes.
This is a unique opportunity to take ownership of a master data management function, and work to build a first-class team to drive and optimise the function within an exciting growing business.
What will you be doing?
Data Management Plan
- Working with the CFO, the Head of BI & Analytics, and broader Amici management, understand the data requirements in delivering the corporate plan to formulate the Master Data Management Programme
- Project Manage the agreed projects and initiatives, ensuring successful outcomes for all key stakeholders
- Work with the CFO and CTO to define the new data platform architecture and then select and implement the tooling required to modernise the data engineering processes
- Work with the Head of BI & Analytics to build the Amici Data Lake and modernise Business Intelligence practices: from reporting to real time business insight
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines/ETL jobs and build out new API integrations to support the businesses data needs, including reporting and client/supplier integrations
- Work with the Head of BI & Analytics to design and implement the data quality framework, data dictionary, and data model for the business
- Manage the auditing, reporting, cleansing and optimisation of data quality ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it
- Engage with stakeholders across the business to drive compliance with data policy
- Keep up to date on best practice data governance with a view to adopting across business
Master Data Management
- Own Master Data processes and tools – Develop expert understanding of our Master Data, where it comes from and how it impacts the business and other stakeholders
- Perform complex data analysis on large data sets and support with the import and maintenance of product and pricing data
- Collaborate with analysts and business teams to define and continually improve data models that feed business reporting
- Perform data analysis required to troubleshoot data-related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues
- Work closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long-term data platform architecture and storage requirements
- Identify risks and lead on continuous improvement through process, automation and technology innovation
- Manage a small team of Data Analysts to maintain and optimise Master Data
- Inspire and support the upskilling of the data team to support automation and modernisation of our processes and analyses
What are we looking for?
- Experience in a senior data engineer role
- Demonstrable experience of building a modern data platform architecture including end-to-end data ingestion, storage, reporting, and analytics
- Experience building data pipelines/ETL jobs in tools such as Apache Nifi, SQL Server Integration Services, Pentaho Data Integrator, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills and an expert user of Microsoft Excel
- Hands on experience in the use of SQL and Python to query data efficiently, and to automate analyses
- Solid understanding of modern data technologies and how they can be used to support analysis and Master Data maintenance
- Hands on experience in developing and improving processes
- Excellent attention to detail, including when working under time pressure
- Strong communication skills, with experience in translating complex data sets to present simply and succinctly
- Experienced in working collaboratively with other stakeholders in cross-functional projects
Nice to have
- Large scale stream processing and integration using Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Apache Beam, etc.
- Experience with Machine Learning techniques and frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch or Azure ML
- Working knowledge of best-practise data governance
What’s in it for you?
We offer a fun, dynamic and vibrant environment where people are supported to do their best work, and everyone has the opportunity to make a difference. As a company, we never stop investing in our culture. We appreciate that empowering, motivating and developing our people offers a challenging, fun and rewarding experience for everyone.
Since its pioneering inception in 2005, Amici Procurement Solutions has grown quickly to become the market leader of procurement and supply chain management solutions for biotech businesses in the UK and US. We combine SAAS based software with a fully supported service.
We support scientists every day in their endeavours to discover life changing cures. Our consultancy services along with in-house cloud-based software helps improve process efficiency, including ordering raw materials, inventory and quality management. We take extreme pride in delivering solutions of the highest standard and are honoured that we can help our customers on their way to success. Our customers are loyal and enthusiastic about us and so are our people.